Planning a Fundraising Event
Archway depends on the support of the local community in order to continue providing caring services. Donations from individuals, school groups, community groups, companies and charitable trusts are essential to ensure that we can continue to be there for those who need our help.
If you are planning your own event to raise funds for us you might find the information below useful.
You can also contact our Fundraising Manager by telephone on 01224 643327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your event feasible within the time scale and setting you have chosen? Remember to leave yourself as much time as possible to plan your event
What costs will you incur if any?
Pick your date and venue carefully
Do you need sponsorship from a company?
What other resources will you need?
Do you need to publicise the event?
What can go wrong?
Publicising the Event
Publicising your event may help raise awareness of your event to attract participants or sell tickets. The more publicity you get the more successful your event might be. Remember there are lots of ways to promote your event – the internet and social networking sites are great ways as well as traditional media methods!
You could Utilise:
- Notice boards
- Magazines and Newsletters
- Word of mouth
- Websites and Emails
- Send your family, friends, colleagues and neighbours information – and ask them to pass it on to their friends and colleagues.
- Send event information and news releases to the local media
- Pay to advertise in the local media
- Distribute posters in local shops, clubs etc
- Get individual sponsorship from people you know and trust.
- Ensure that children are supervised.
- Make sure your venue is safe.
- Be careful when handling money – it is safest to pay money into the bank as soon as possible.
- If children are visiting friends/family in the neighbourhood, have an adult accompany them.
If you have any questions about safety or legal requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us.