Statement of Purpose
Archway’s purpose is to create a network of care which supports the individual and the family, values their uniqueness, upholds their rights and respects their dignity.
In pursuit of this purpose, Archway will:
- Encourage individuals, families and staff to participate in decisions relating to the service.
- Place the individual and family at the centre of its work.
- Provide a stimulating and safe environment.
- Promote the well-being of the individual.
- Strive to ensure continuity of service.
- Act with openness and honesty.
The primary aims of Archway are:
- To provide or facilitate support for families using Archway services at all stages of our service users’ development.
- To work together to ensure the provision of homely residential accommodation for adults with a learning disability that offers care and consideration for their physical, emotional and social needs.
- To provide homely shared and extended care to help service users and their families engaged in the transition to adult living.
- To provide homely accommodation for short-break care to people of all ages with all degrees of learning disability in order to share the task of caring with their relatives.
- This statement is accepted by all Archway staff and reflects how we work with our service users and their families.
- To understand and acknowledge that all our service users are individuals with rights and responsibilities.
- To promote a feeling of safety, through good basic care, and person centred planning.
- To include service users in decisions that effects their lives by encouraging them to express their opinions and ideas.
- To plan activities, both in house and externally, that meet the individuals’ interests.
- To ensure the decoration and furnishings are homely and well maintained.
- Working in partnership with parents/carers, and other professional agencies is fundamental to our work, and of central importance to the care of our service users.